Subject: CVE-2024-42280: mISDN: Fix a use after free in hfcmulti_tx()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mISDN: Fix a use after free in hfcmulti_tx()

Don't dereference *sp after calling dev_kfree_skb(*sp).

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42280 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 4.19.320 with commit 70db2c84631f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit d3e4d4a98c56
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit 9460ac3dd1ae
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 8f4030277dfb
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 4d8b642985ae
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit ddc79556641e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 7e4a539bca7d
	Issue introduced in 2.6.27 with commit af69fb3a8ffa and fixed in 6.11 with commit 61ab751451f5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42280
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/hfcmulti.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70db2c84631f50e02e6b32b543700699dd395803
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d3e4d4a98c5629ccdcb762a0ff6c82ba9738a0c3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9460ac3dd1ae033bc2b021a458fb535a0c36ddb2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8f4030277dfb9dbe04fd78566b19931097c9d629
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d8b642985ae24f4b3656438eb8489834a17bb80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ddc79556641ee070d36be0de4a1f0a16a71f1fc7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e4a539bca7d8d20f2c5d93c18cce8ef77cd78e0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/61ab751451f5ebd0b98e02276a44e23a10110402