Subject: CVE-2024-42291: ice: Add a per-VF limit on number of FDIR filters

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ice: Add a per-VF limit on number of FDIR filters

While the iavf driver adds a s/w limit (128) on the number of FDIR
filters that the VF can request, a malicious VF driver can request more
than that and exhaust the resources for other VFs.

Add a similar limit in ice.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42291 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 1f7ea1cd6a37 and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit 8e02cd98a6e2
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 1f7ea1cd6a37 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit d62389073a5b
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 1f7ea1cd6a37 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 292081c4e7f5
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 1f7ea1cd6a37 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 6ebbe97a4881

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42291
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ethtool_fdir.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_fdir.h
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_virtchnl_fdir.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_virtchnl_fdir.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e02cd98a6e24389d476e28436d41e620ed8e559
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d62389073a5b937413e2d1bc1da06ccff5103c0c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/292081c4e7f575a79017d5cbe1a0ec042783976f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ebbe97a488179f5dc85f2f1e0c89b486e99ee97