Subject: CVE-2024-42300: erofs: fix race in z_erofs_get_gbuf()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

erofs: fix race in z_erofs_get_gbuf()

In z_erofs_get_gbuf(), the current task may be migrated to another
CPU between `z_erofs_gbuf_id()` and `spin_lock(&gbuf->lock)`.

Therefore, z_erofs_put_gbuf() will trigger the following issue
which was found by stress test:

<2>[772156.434168] kernel BUG at fs/erofs/zutil.c:58!
..
<4>[772156.435007]
<4>[772156.439237] CPU: 0 PID: 3078 Comm: stress Kdump: loaded Tainted: G            E      6.10.0-rc7+ #2
<4>[772156.439239] Hardware name: Alibaba Cloud Alibaba Cloud ECS, BIOS 1.0.0 01/01/2017
<4>[772156.439241] pstate: 83400005 (Nzcv daif +PAN -UAO +TCO +DIT -SSBS BTYPE=--)
<4>[772156.439243] pc : z_erofs_put_gbuf+0x64/0x70 [erofs]
<4>[772156.439252] lr : z_erofs_lz4_decompress+0x600/0x6a0 [erofs]
..
<6>[772156.445958] stress (3127): drop_caches: 1
<4>[772156.446120] Call trace:
<4>[772156.446121]  z_erofs_put_gbuf+0x64/0x70 [erofs]
<4>[772156.446761]  z_erofs_lz4_decompress+0x600/0x6a0 [erofs]
<4>[772156.446897]  z_erofs_decompress_queue+0x740/0xa10 [erofs]
<4>[772156.447036]  z_erofs_runqueue+0x428/0x8c0 [erofs]
<4>[772156.447160]  z_erofs_readahead+0x224/0x390 [erofs]
..

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42300 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit f36f3010f676 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 49b22e06a947
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit f36f3010f676 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 7dc5537c3f8b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42300
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/erofs/zutil.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49b22e06a947727a6d1c802d2d9ad92420b90fc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7dc5537c3f8be87e005f0844a7626c987914f8fd