Subject: CVE-2024-42322: ipvs: properly dereference pe in ip_vs_add_service

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ipvs: properly dereference pe in ip_vs_add_service

Use pe directly to resolve sparse warning:

  net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c:1471:27: warning: dereference of noderef expression

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42322 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.7 with commit 39b972231536 and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 3dd428039e06
	Issue introduced in 4.7 with commit 39b972231536 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit c420cd5d5bc6
	Issue introduced in 4.7 with commit 39b972231536 and fixed in 6.11 with commit cbd070a4ae62

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42322
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_ctl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3dd428039e06e1967ce294e2cd6342825aaaad77
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c420cd5d5bc6797f3a8824e7d74f38f0c286fca5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cbd070a4ae62f119058973f6d2c984e325bce6e7