Subject: CVE-2024-44961: drm/amdgpu: Forward soft recovery errors to userspace

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Forward soft recovery errors to userspace

As we discussed before[1], soft recovery should be
forwarded to userspace, or we can get into a really
bad state where apps will keep submitting hanging
command buffers cascading us to a hard reset.

1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
(cherry picked from commit 434967aadbbbe3ad9103cc29e9a327de20fdba01)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44961 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 0da0b06165d8
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit c28d207edfc5
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 829798c789f5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44961
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_job.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0da0b06165d83a8ecbb6582d9d5a135f9d38a52a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c28d207edfc5679585f4e96acb67000076ce90be
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/829798c789f567ef6ba4b084c15b7b5f3bd98d51