Subject: CVE-2024-44977: drm/amdgpu: Validate TA binary size

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Validate TA binary size

Add TA binary size validation to avoid OOB write.

(cherry picked from commit c0a04e3570d72aaf090962156ad085e37c62e442)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44977 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 5ab8793b9a6c
	Fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 50553ea7cbd3
	Fixed in 6.10.7 with commit e562415248f4
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit c99769bceab4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44977
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_psp_ta.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ab8793b9a6cc059f503cbe6fe596f80765e0f19
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50553ea7cbd3344fbf40afb065f6a2d38171c1ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e562415248f402203e7fb6d8c38c1b32fa99220f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c99769bceab4ecb6a067b9af11f9db281eea3e2a