Subject: CVE-2024-44978: drm/xe: Free job before xe_exec_queue_put

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Free job before xe_exec_queue_put

Free job depends on job->vm being valid, the last xe_exec_queue_put can
destroy the VM. Prevent UAF by freeing job before xe_exec_queue_put.

(cherry picked from commit 32a42c93b74c8ca6d0915ea3eba21bceff53042f)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44978 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit dd08ebf6c352 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 98aa0330f200
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit dd08ebf6c352 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 9e7f30563677

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44978
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_sched_job.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98aa0330f200b9b8fb9e1298e006eda57a13351c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e7f30563677fbeff62d368d5d2a5ac7aaa9746a