Subject: CVE-2024-44990: bonding: fix null pointer deref in bond_ipsec_offload_ok

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bonding: fix null pointer deref in bond_ipsec_offload_ok

We must check if there is an active slave before dereferencing the pointer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44990 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit 81216b9352be
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 2f5bdd68c1ce
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 32a0173600c6
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 0707260a1831
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit b70b0ddfed31
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 18cb261afd7b and fixed in 6.11 with commit 95c90e4ad89d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44990
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/81216b9352be43f8958092d379f6dec85443c309
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2f5bdd68c1ce64bda6bef4d361a3de23b04ccd59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/32a0173600c63aadaf2103bf02f074982e8602ab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0707260a18312bbcd2a5668584e3692d0a29e3f6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b70b0ddfed31fc92c8dc722d0afafc8e14cb550c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/95c90e4ad89d493a7a14fa200082e466e2548f9d