Subject: CVE-2024-45030: igb: cope with large MAX_SKB_FRAGS

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

igb: cope with large MAX_SKB_FRAGS

Sabrina reports that the igb driver does not cope well with large
MAX_SKB_FRAG values: setting MAX_SKB_FRAG to 45 causes payload
corruption on TX.

An easy reproducer is to run ssh to connect to the machine.  With
MAX_SKB_FRAGS=17 it works, with MAX_SKB_FRAGS=45 it fails.  This has
been reported originally in
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2265320

The root cause of the issue is that the driver does not take into
account properly the (possibly large) shared info size when selecting
the ring layout, and will try to fit two packets inside the same 4K
page even when the 1st fraglist will trump over the 2nd head.

Address the issue by checking if 2K buffers are insufficient.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45030 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 3948b05950fd and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 8ea80ff5d829
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 3948b05950fd and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit b52bd8bcb9e8
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 3948b05950fd and fixed in 6.11 with commit 8aba27c4a502

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45030
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ea80ff5d8298356d28077bc30913ed37df65109
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b52bd8bcb9e8ff250c79b44f9af8b15cae8911ab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8aba27c4a5020abdf60149239198297f88338a8d