Subject: CVE-2024-46672: wifi: brcmfmac: cfg80211: Handle SSID based pmksa deletion

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: brcmfmac: cfg80211: Handle SSID based pmksa deletion

wpa_supplicant 2.11 sends since 1efdba5fdc2c ("Handle PMKSA flush in the
driver for SAE/OWE offload cases") SSID based PMKSA del commands.
brcmfmac is not prepared and tries to dereference the NULL bssid and
pmkid pointers in cfg80211_pmksa. PMKID_V3 operations support SSID based
updates so copy the SSID.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46672 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a96202acaea4 and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 4291f94f8c6b
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a96202acaea4 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 1f566eb912d1
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a96202acaea4 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 2ad4e1ada8ee

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46672
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/brcmfmac/cfg80211.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4291f94f8c6b01505132c22ee27b59ed27c3584f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f566eb912d192c83475a919331aea59619e1197
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2ad4e1ada8eebafa2d75a4b75eeeca882de6ada1