Subject: CVE-2024-46696: nfsd: fix potential UAF in nfsd4_cb_getattr_release

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nfsd: fix potential UAF in nfsd4_cb_getattr_release

Once we drop the delegation reference, the fields embedded in it are no
longer safe to access. Do that last.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46696 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c5967721e106 and fixed in 6.10.8 with commit e0b66698a5ae
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit c5967721e106 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 1116e0e372eb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46696
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/nfsd/nfs4state.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0b66698a5ae41078f7490e8b3527013f5fccd6c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1116e0e372eb16dd907ec571ce5d4af325c55c10