Subject: CVE-2024-46725: drm/amdgpu: Fix out-of-bounds write warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Fix out-of-bounds write warning

Check the ring type value to fix the out-of-bounds
write warning

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46725 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit c253b87c7c37
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit 919f9bf9997b
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit cf2db220b383
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit a60d1f7ff62e
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 130bee397b9c
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit be1684930f52

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46725
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ring.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c253b87c7c37ec40a2e0c84e4a6b636ba5cd66b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/919f9bf9997b8dcdc132485ea96121e7d15555f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf2db220b38301b6486a0f11da24a0f317de558c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a60d1f7ff62e453dde2d3b4907e178954d199844
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/130bee397b9cd52006145c87a456fd8719390cb5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be1684930f5262a622d40ce7a6f1423530d87f89