Subject: CVE-2024-46769: spi: intel: Add check devm_kasprintf() returned value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

spi: intel: Add check devm_kasprintf() returned value

intel_spi_populate_chip() use devm_kasprintf() to set pdata->name.
This can return a NULL pointer on failure but this returned value
is not checked.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46769 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit e58db3bcd93b and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 6e68abdc5d67
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit e58db3bcd93b and fixed in 6.11 with commit 2920294686ec

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46769
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/spi/spi-intel.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e68abdc5d674f9f4185bf1e1956368d05df4838
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2920294686ec23211637998f3ec386dfd3d784a6