Subject: CVE-2024-46784: net: mana: Fix error handling in mana_create_txq/rxq's NAPI cleanup

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: mana: Fix error handling in mana_create_txq/rxq's NAPI cleanup

Currently napi_disable() gets called during rxq and txq cleanup,
even before napi is enabled and hrtimer is initialized. It causes
kernel panic.

? page_fault_oops+0x136/0x2b0
  ? page_counter_cancel+0x2e/0x80
  ? do_user_addr_fault+0x2f2/0x640
  ? refill_obj_stock+0xc4/0x110
  ? exc_page_fault+0x71/0x160
  ? asm_exc_page_fault+0x27/0x30
  ? __mmdrop+0x10/0x180
  ? __mmdrop+0xec/0x180
  ? hrtimer_active+0xd/0x50
  hrtimer_try_to_cancel+0x2c/0xf0
  hrtimer_cancel+0x15/0x30
  napi_disable+0x65/0x90
  mana_destroy_rxq+0x4c/0x2f0
  mana_create_rxq.isra.0+0x56c/0x6d0
  ? mana_uncfg_vport+0x50/0x50
  mana_alloc_queues+0x21b/0x320
  ? skb_dequeue+0x5f/0x80

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46784 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit e1b5683ff62e and fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 9178eb8ebcd8
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit e1b5683ff62e and fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 9e0bff4900b5
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit e1b5683ff62e and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 4982a47154f0
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit e1b5683ff62e and fixed in 6.11 with commit b6ecc6620376

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46784
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c
	include/net/mana/mana.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9178eb8ebcd887ab75e54ac40d538e54bb9c7788
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9e0bff4900b5d412a9bafe4baeaa6facd34f671c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4982a47154f0b50de81ee0a0b169a3fc74120a65
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b6ecc662037694488bfff7c9fd21c405df8411f2