Subject: CVE-2024-46815: drm/amd/display: Check num_valid_sets before accessing reader_wm_sets[]

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check num_valid_sets before accessing reader_wm_sets[]

[WHY & HOW]
num_valid_sets needs to be checked to avoid a negative index when
accessing reader_wm_sets[num_valid_sets - 1].

This fixes an OVERRUN issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46815 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.284 with commit a72d49964095
	Fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 7c47dd2e9234
	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit c4a7f7c0062f
	Fixed in 6.1.109 with commit b36e9b3104c4
	Fixed in 6.6.50 with commit 21f9cb44f8c6
	Fixed in 6.10.9 with commit 6a4a08e45e61
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit b38a4815f79b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46815
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/clk_mgr/dcn21/rn_clk_mgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a72d4996409569027b4609414a14a87679b12267
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c47dd2e92341f2989ab73dbed07f8894593ad7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4a7f7c0062fe2c73f70bb7e335199e25bd71492
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b36e9b3104c4ba0f2f5dd083dcf6159cb316c996
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21f9cb44f8c60bf6c26487d428b1a09ad3e8aebf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6a4a08e45e614cfa7a56498cdfaeb7fae2f07fa0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b38a4815f79b87efb196cd5121579fc51e29a7fb