Subject: CVE-2024-46854: net: dpaa: Pad packets to ETH_ZLEN

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: dpaa: Pad packets to ETH_ZLEN

When sending packets under 60 bytes, up to three bytes of the buffer
following the data may be leaked. Avoid this by extending all packets to
ETH_ZLEN, ensuring nothing is leaked in the padding. This bug can be
reproduced by running

	$ ping -s 11 destination

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46854 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 1f31f51bfc82
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 38f5db5587c0
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 6.1.111 with commit f43190e33224
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 6.6.52 with commit 34fcac26216c
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 6.10.11 with commit ce8eabc912fe
	Issue introduced in 4.10 with commit 9ad1a3749333 and fixed in 6.11 with commit cbd7ec083413

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46854
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f31f51bfc8214a6deaac2920e6342cb9d019133
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/38f5db5587c0ee53546b28c50ba128253181ac83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f43190e33224c49e1c7ebbc25923ff400d87ec00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34fcac26216ce17886af3eb392355b459367af1a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce8eabc912fe9b9a62be1a5c6af5ad2196e90fc2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cbd7ec083413c6a2e0c326d49e24ec7d12c7a9e0