Subject: CVE-2024-46867: drm/xe/client: fix deadlock in show_meminfo()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe/client: fix deadlock in show_meminfo()

There is a real deadlock as well as sleeping in atomic() bug in here, if
the bo put happens to be the last ref, since bo destruction wants to
grab the same spinlock and sleeping locks.  Fix that by dropping the ref
using xe_bo_put_deferred(), and moving the final commit outside of the
lock. Dropping the lock around the put is tricky since the bo can go
out of scope and delete itself from the list, making it difficult to
navigate to the next list entry.

(cherry picked from commit 0083b8e6f11d7662283a267d4ce7c966812ffd8a)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46867 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 0845233388f8 and fixed in 6.10.11 with commit 9d3de463e23b
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 0845233388f8 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 9bd7ff293fc8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46867
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_drm_client.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d3de463e23bfb1ff1567a32b099b1b3e5286a48
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9bd7ff293fc84792514aeafa06c5a17f05cb5f4b