Subject: CVE-2024-47663: staging: iio: frequency: ad9834: Validate frequency parameter value

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

staging: iio: frequency: ad9834: Validate frequency parameter value

In ad9834_write_frequency() clk_get_rate() can return 0. In such case
ad9834_calc_freqreg() call will lead to division by zero. Checking
'if (fout > (clk_freq / 2))' doesn't protect in case of 'fout' is 0.
ad9834_write_frequency() is called from ad9834_write(), where fout is
taken from text buffer, which can contain any value.

Modify parameters checking.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47663 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 5.4.284 with commit 0e727707a239
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 5.10.226 with commit 41cc91e3138f
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 5.15.167 with commit d8b09a5edc4a
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 3ba9abfcaa9e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 6.6.51 with commit dc12e49f970b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit 8961b245e8f9
	Issue introduced in 2.6.38 with commit 12b9d5bf76bf and fixed in 6.11 with commit b48aa9917589

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47663
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/staging/iio/frequency/ad9834.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0e727707a239d5c519fc9abc2f0fd913516a7e47
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41cc91e3138fe52f8da92a81bebcd0e6cf488c53
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d8b09a5edc4a634373158c1a405491de3c52e58a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ba9abfcaa9e16bb91ed7e0e2b42e94a157a953e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dc12e49f970b08d8b007b8981b97e2eb93c0e89d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8961b245e8f92bccbaacfbbdf69eba60e3e7c227
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b48aa991758999d4e8f9296c5bbe388f293ef465