Subject: CVE-2024-47665: i3c: mipi-i3c-hci: Error out instead on BUG_ON() in IBI DMA setup

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

i3c: mipi-i3c-hci: Error out instead on BUG_ON() in IBI DMA setup

Definitely condition dma_get_cache_alignment * defined value > 256
during driver initialization is not reason to BUG_ON(). Turn that to
graceful error out with -EINVAL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47665 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.167 with commit cacb76df247a
	Fixed in 6.1.110 with commit 2666085335bd
	Fixed in 6.6.51 with commit 5a022269abb2
	Fixed in 6.10.10 with commit e2d14bfda9eb
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 8a2be2f1db26

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47665
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/i3c/master/mipi-i3c-hci/dma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cacb76df247a7cd842ff29755a523b1cba6c0508
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2666085335bdfedf90d91f4071490ad3980be785
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a022269abb22809f2a174b90f200fc4b9526058
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e2d14bfda9eb5393f8a17008afe2aa7fe0a29815
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8a2be2f1db268ec735419e53ef04ca039fc027dc