Subject: CVE-2024-47698: drivers: media: dvb-frontends/rtl2832: fix an out-of-bounds write error

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drivers: media: dvb-frontends/rtl2832: fix an out-of-bounds write error

Ensure index in rtl2832_pid_filter does not exceed 31 to prevent
out-of-bounds access.

dev->filters is a 32-bit value, so set_bit and clear_bit functions should
only operate on indices from 0 to 31. If index is 32, it will attempt to
access a non-existent 33rd bit, leading to out-of-bounds access.
Change the boundary check from index > 32 to index >= 32 to resolve this
issue.

[hverkuil: added fixes tag, rtl2830_pid_filter -> rtl2832_pid_filter in logmsg]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47698 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 6ae3b9aee426
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit a879b6cdd481
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 15bea004e939
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit 527ab3eb3b0b
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit 66dbe0df6ecc
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit bedd42e07988
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 4b01e01a81b6 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 8ae06f360cfa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47698
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/dvb-frontends/rtl2832.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ae3b9aee42616ee93c4585174f40c767828006d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a879b6cdd48134a3d58949ea4f075c75fa2d7d71
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/15bea004e939d938a6771dfcf2a26cc899ffd20a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/527ab3eb3b0b4a6ee00e183c1de6a730239e2835
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/66dbe0df6eccc7ee53a2c35016ce81e13b3ff447
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bedd42e07988dbdd124b23e758ffef7a681b9c60
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ae06f360cfaca2b88b98ca89144548b3186aab1