Subject: CVE-2024-47726: f2fs: fix to wait dio completion

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to wait dio completion

It should wait all existing dio write IOs before block removal,
otherwise, previous direct write IO may overwrite data in the
block which may be reused by other inode.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47726 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.2 with commit e3db757ff9b7
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 96cfeb038953

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47726
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/file.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e3db757ff9b7101ae68650ac5f6dd5743b68164e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96cfeb0389530ae32ade8a48ae3ae1ac3b6c009d