Subject: CVE-2024-47732: crypto: iaa - Fix potential use after free bug

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: iaa - Fix potential use after free bug

The free_device_compression_mode(iaa_device, device_mode) function frees
"device_mode" but it iss passed to iaa_compression_modes[i]->free() a few
lines later resulting in a use after free.

The good news is that, so far as I can tell, nothing implements the
->free() function and the use after free happens in dead code.  But, with
this fix, when something does implement it, we'll be ready.  :)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-47732 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit b190447e0fa3 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit b5d534b473e2
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit b190447e0fa3 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit c66f0be993ba
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit b190447e0fa3 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e0d3b845a1b1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-47732
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/intel/iaa/iaa_crypto_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b5d534b473e2c8d3e4560be2dd6c12a8eb9d61e9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c66f0be993ba52410edab06124c54ecf143b05c1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0d3b845a1b10b7b5abdad7ecc69d45b2aab3209