Subject: CVE-2024-49851: tpm: Clean up TPM space after command failure

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

tpm: Clean up TPM space after command failure

tpm_dev_transmit prepares the TPM space before attempting command
transmission. However if the command fails no rollback of this
preparation is done. This can result in transient handles being leaked
if the device is subsequently closed with no further commands performed.

Fix this by flushing the space in the event of command transmission
failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49851 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 2c9b228938e9
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit ebc4e1f4492d
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit c84ceb546f30
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit 82478cb8a23b
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit adf4ce162561
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit 3f9f72d843c9
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit 745b361e989a and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e3aaebcbb7c6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49851
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/char/tpm/tpm-dev-common.c
	drivers/char/tpm/tpm2-space.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2c9b228938e9266a1065a3f4fe5c99b7235dc439
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ebc4e1f4492d114f9693950621b3ea42b2f82bec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c84ceb546f30432fccea4891163f7050f5bee5dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82478cb8a23bd4f97935bbe60d64528c6d9918b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/adf4ce162561222338cf2c9a2caa294527f7f721
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f9f72d843c92fb6f4ff7460d774413cde7f254c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e3aaebcbb7c6b403416f442d1de70d437ce313a7