Subject: CVE-2024-49923: drm/amd/display: Pass non-null to dcn20_validate_apply_pipe_split_flags

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Pass non-null to dcn20_validate_apply_pipe_split_flags

[WHAT & HOW]
"dcn20_validate_apply_pipe_split_flags" dereferences merge, and thus it
cannot be a null pointer. Let's pass a valid pointer to avoid null
dereference.

This fixes 2 FORWARD_NULL issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49923 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 85aa996ecfaa
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 9a05270869f4
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 5559598742fb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49923
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn20/dcn20_resource.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/resource/dcn21/dcn21_resource.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/85aa996ecfaa95d1e922867390502d23ce21b905
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9a05270869f40c89f8d184fe2d37cb86e0d7e5f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5559598742fb4538e4c51c48ef70563c49c2af23