Subject: CVE-2024-49925: fbdev: efifb: Register sysfs groups through driver core

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

fbdev: efifb: Register sysfs groups through driver core

The driver core can register and cleanup sysfs groups already.
Make use of that functionality to simplify the error handling and
cleanup.

Also avoid a UAF race during unregistering where the sysctl attributes
were usable after the info struct was freed.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49925 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 36bfefb6baaa
	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 872cd2d029d2
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 4684d69b9670
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 95cdd538e0e5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49925
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/video/fbdev/efifb.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/36bfefb6baaa8e46de44f4fd919ce4347337620f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/872cd2d029d2c970a8a1eea88b48dab2b3f2e93a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4684d69b9670a83992189f6271dc0fcdec4ed0d7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/95cdd538e0e5677efbdf8aade04ec098ab98f457