Subject: CVE-2024-49967: ext4: no need to continue when the number of entries is 1

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ext4: no need to continue when the number of entries is 1

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49967 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit 133ff0d78f1b
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit aca593e6070e
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit a02d7f5b2419
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 2d64e7dada22
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit fe192515d293
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 9d4b2e4c36bb
	Issue introduced in 2.6.19 with commit ac27a0ec112a and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 1a00a393d6a7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49967
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/ext4/namei.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/133ff0d78f1b160de011647bb65807195ca5d1ca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aca593e6070e21979430c344e9cb0b272a9e7e10
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a02d7f5b24193aed451ac67aad3453472e79dc78
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d64e7dada22ab589d1ac216a3661074d027f25e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe192515d2937b8ed2d21921b558a06dd2031d21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d4b2e4c36bb88d57018c1cbc8b6a0c4b44a7f42
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1a00a393d6a7fb1e745a41edd09019bd6a0ad64c