Subject: CVE-2024-49972: drm/amd/display: Deallocate DML memory if allocation fails

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Deallocate DML memory if allocation fails

[Why]
When DC state create DML memory allocation fails, memory is not
deallocated subsequently, resulting in uninitialized structure
that is not NULL.

[How]
Deallocate memory if DML memory allocation fails.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49972 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 80345daa5746
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 892abca6877a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49972
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/core/dc_state.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80345daa5746184195f2d383a2f1bad058f0f94c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/892abca6877a96c9123bb1c010cafccdf8ca1b75