Subject: CVE-2024-49994: block: fix integer overflow in BLKSECDISCARD

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

block: fix integer overflow in BLKSECDISCARD

I independently rediscovered

	commit 22d24a544b0d49bbcbd61c8c0eaf77d3c9297155
	block: fix overflow in blk_ioctl_discard()

but for secure erase.

Same problem:

	uint64_t r[2] = {512, 18446744073709551104ULL};
	ioctl(fd, BLKSECDISCARD, r);

will enter near infinite loop inside blkdev_issue_secure_erase():

	a.out: attempt to access beyond end of device
	loop0: rw=5, sector=3399043073, nr_sectors = 1024 limit=2048
	bio_check_eod: 3286214 callbacks suppressed

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49994 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 0842ddd83939
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 6c9915fa9410
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 697ba0b6ec4a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49994
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	block/ioctl.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0842ddd83939eb4db940b9af7d39e79722bc41aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6c9915fa9410cbb9bd75ee283c03120046c56d3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/697ba0b6ec4ae04afb67d3911799b5e2043b4455