Subject: CVE-2024-50000: net/mlx5e: Fix NULL deref in mlx5e_tir_builder_alloc()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5e: Fix NULL deref in mlx5e_tir_builder_alloc()

In mlx5e_tir_builder_alloc() kvzalloc() may return NULL
which is dereferenced on the next line in a reference
to the modify field.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50000 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit 4655456a64a0
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit b48ee5bb25c0
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 6.6.55 with commit 0168ab6fbd9e
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 1bcc86cc721b
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 4d80dde26d7b
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit a6696735d694 and fixed in 6.12-rc2 with commit f25389e77950

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50000
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/tir.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4655456a64a0f936098c8432bac64e7176bd2aff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b48ee5bb25c02ca2b81e0d16bf8af17ab6ed3f8b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0168ab6fbd9e50d20b97486168b604b2ab28a2ca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1bcc86cc721bea68980098f51f102aa2c2b9d932
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d80dde26d7bab1320210279483ac854dcb274b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f25389e779500cf4a59ef9804534237841bce536