Subject: CVE-2024-50011: ASoC: Intel: soc-acpi-intel-rpl-match: add missing empty item

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: Intel: soc-acpi-intel-rpl-match: add missing empty item

There is no links_num in struct snd_soc_acpi_mach {}, and we test
!link->num_adr as a condition to end the loop in hda_sdw_machine_select().
So an empty item in struct snd_soc_acpi_link_adr array is required.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50011 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit 65ab45b90656 and fixed in 6.11.3 with commit aa3109ee91fe
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit 65ab45b90656 and fixed in 6.12-rc2 with commit 5afc29ba44fd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50011
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/intel/common/soc-acpi-intel-rpl-match.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa3109ee91fe09e696274e6ac44813df8d13678f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5afc29ba44fdd1bcbad4e07246c395d946301580