Subject: CVE-2024-50056: usb: gadget: uvc: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in uvc_v4l2.c

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: gadget: uvc: Fix ERR_PTR dereference in uvc_v4l2.c

Fix potential dereferencing of ERR_PTR() in find_format_by_pix()
and uvc_v4l2_enum_format().

Fix the following smatch errors:

drivers/usb/gadget/function/uvc_v4l2.c:124 find_format_by_pix()
error: 'fmtdesc' dereferencing possible ERR_PTR()

drivers/usb/gadget/function/uvc_v4l2.c:392 uvc_v4l2_enum_format()
error: 'fmtdesc' dereferencing possible ERR_PTR()

Also, fix similar issue in uvc_v4l2_try_format() for potential
dereferencing of ERR_PTR().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50056 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.4 with commit cedeb36c3ff4
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit a7bb96b18864

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50056
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/gadget/function/uvc_v4l2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cedeb36c3ff4acd0f3d09918dfd8ed1df05efdd6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a7bb96b18864225a694e3887ac2733159489e4b0