Subject: CVE-2024-50057: usb: typec: tipd: Free IRQ only if it was requested before

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: typec: tipd: Free IRQ only if it was requested before

In polling mode, if no IRQ was requested there is no need to free it.
Call devm_free_irq() only if client->irq is set. This fixes the warning
caused by the tps6598x module removal:

WARNING: CPU: 2 PID: 333 at kernel/irq/devres.c:144 devm_free_irq+0x80/0x8c
...
...
Call trace:
  devm_free_irq+0x80/0x8c
  tps6598x_remove+0x28/0x88 [tps6598x]
  i2c_device_remove+0x2c/0x9c
  device_remove+0x4c/0x80
  device_release_driver_internal+0x1cc/0x228
  driver_detach+0x50/0x98
  bus_remove_driver+0x6c/0xbc
  driver_unregister+0x30/0x60
  i2c_del_driver+0x54/0x64
  tps6598x_i2c_driver_exit+0x18/0xc3c [tps6598x]
  __arm64_sys_delete_module+0x184/0x264
  invoke_syscall+0x48/0x110
  el0_svc_common.constprop.0+0xc8/0xe8
  do_el0_svc+0x20/0x2c
  el0_svc+0x28/0x98
  el0t_64_sync_handler+0x13c/0x158
  el0t_64_sync+0x190/0x194

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50057 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.57 with commit b72bf5cade51
	Fixed in 6.11.4 with commit 4d4b23c11954
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit db63d9868f7f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50057
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/typec/tipd/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b72bf5cade51ba4055c8a8998d275e72e6b521ce
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4d4b23c119542fbaed2a16794d3801cb4806ea02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db63d9868f7f310de44ba7bea584e2454f8b4ed0