Subject: CVE-2024-50064: zram: free secondary algorithms names

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

zram: free secondary algorithms names

We need to kfree() secondary algorithms names when reset zram device that
had multi-streams, otherwise we leak memory.

[[email-masked]: kfree(NULL) is legal]
  Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50064 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 001d92735701 and fixed in 6.6.57 with commit 6272936fd242
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 001d92735701 and fixed in 6.11.4 with commit ef35cc0d15b8
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 001d92735701 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 684826f8271a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50064
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/block/zram/zram_drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6272936fd242ca1f784c3e21596dfb3859dff276
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef35cc0d15b89dd013e1bb829fe97db7b1ab79eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/684826f8271ad97580b138b9ffd462005e470b99