Re: [oc] i2c project

--- Frédéric_Renet <f.renet@mipsys.com> wrote:
[cut]

> I found that Xilinx (formely ColdRunner) had the same idea, and
> they offer a VHDL master/slave core in one of their application note
> but there is no information about license. It's really difficult (at
> least
> for me) to not reuse the code i've seen for this function, so the
> question is can we take the code from xilinx or is it worth to look
> at
> a different approach ?

I think it doesn't make much sense to copy-paste their code. If it is
freely available we could simply put a URL link. But AFAIK these code
can only be used in Xilinx CPLDs/FPGAs. So in a way it makes sense to
have a version w/o such constraints. Obviously we can't do this by
copying Xilinx's code since their license doesn't allow this (unless
they did put this under freeware which I doubt). My $0.02.

regards,
Damjan