Re: [oc] FPGA forum

----- Izvorno sporočilo -----
Od: John Dalton <johnd@southern-poro.com>
Za: <cores@opencores.org>
Poslano: 16. marec 2001 8:11
Zadeva: Re: [oc] FPGA forum

> Hmmm. Let's see.  A typical 1M gate FPGA with around 60000 states
> implemented as a LUT in an SSRAM.  That'll be around 60000*(2^60000) bits.
> Ooops.  Just ran out of electons in the universe Rudi!  Looks like
> 256GB was a bit of an underestimate!  :-)
I said Rudi the same thing few months ago ;)

Now let see if this forum can be of any help :)

I am currently having much of troubles designing S (switch) box, which
should allow
longer connections than 1 between S boxes.
My P&R tool currently works only on connections with length 1.

I hope S box can be universal (see article Universal Switch Modules by Chang
et al),
yet allowing switching (in S box) to longer connections also.

Marko