[oc] C to HDL? Didn't realise the situation was that bad

Hi,

gotta laugh egh? You would think that more people using C/C++ to program FPGAs would be welcomed?
I can only find 3 C to VHDL programs on the net (if you know of more please tell me), the prices
are as follows:

Celoxica limited, $25,000 every year

CLevelDesign, $95,000 one off payment	(actually C++)

Adelante Technologies, no sign of prices on their website but might have to sit down to hear it?

I looked at www.systemc.org, supposed to be an organisation to promote the widespread adoption
of SystemC being used to program hardware. Great I thought, like minded people, then I saw their
prices!

Individual Members - $2,000 USD
Corporate Members - $50,000 USD

If they think I am going to pay them $2,000 a year just to join their little website they can take
a long running jump off a short cliff. I was going to include support for SystemC in my program but
if I have to pay $2,000 to even be a member of SystemC they can forget about it. I can't afford to
join their private club.

On the plus side my own translator is going great guns. Finished the first section in 2 days, had
originally expected 2 weeks but having a lull in work at moment so more spare time to invest. Should
have demonstration executable hopefully by start of the new year. I had forgotten how much fun it is
to write compilers, like a kid with a new toy now. ;-)

Paul McFeeters
Self appointed C for FPGA champion (well foot soldier anyway)