[oc] 3 dimensional printer

Hi all,

For those who have not seen it, here is an interesting article
about the future of manufacturing:

Basically it is about using a three dimensional 'ink'jet
printer to build devices using polymers.  The latest
plan is to include semiconducting polymers and electroactive
polymers, allowing electronic circuitry and sensors/actuators
to be incorporated with no additional process steps.  Spatial
resolution and device speed are not great, but it is early
days yet for this technology.

This stuff is relevant to opencores, and free design in general,
as it brings the 'laser printer sized IC plant' one step closer.

Long (long?) term I would think that spatial resolutions (and device
speed) will advance to the point where we have an 'atomic printer'???.

Regards
John