[openrisc] The or1k simulator and ping

Hi,

At the moment I am evaluating the openrisc core OR1200. I have
compiled it with modelsim and I have run one of the testcases. This
works fine. At the moment I am trying the or1ksim. I am able to boot
uclinux but the network is working. I can not make a Ping to my own IP
address. I have followed the instructions in the README.or32. I am
running the or1ksim as root, which I don't like. Does anyone have any
suggestions what I am doing wrong.

I have also noticed that the simulator (or uclinux) after a while does
not respond to commands written at the prompt. Has anyone experienced
the same behavior?

What do I have to do in order to be able to get kernel information
from proc?. It seems that both ifconfig and route need information
from /proc/net/. The kernel is set up to support /proc.

Hope someone can help me

Soeren