Re: [pci] with PROM or without ?

Hi Cristian,

>1_ Without PROM is XC device directly configurable, and is more than ONE time
configurable ?

Yes it is directly configurable, and it is more than ONE time configurable.

>	I see some config jumper wich figure XC device to use PROM or not but
not sure
>of disadvantages without PROM.
>2_ Is there disadvantages without PROM ? If yes what ?

Disadvantage of not using PROM is that you need to reflash the core every time
you remove the power. If you flash a PROM this will also be there after removing
the power supply (PROM can also be flashed many times). The next time you
connect the power you can automatically "boot/load the core" to the FPGA from
the PROM.

Regards/Nico.