[openrisc] Problems debugging - partially solved

I have sorted out one of the problems I had whilst debugging. There is an
configuration option in eCos
(CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_SAVE_MINIMUM_CONTEXT), enabled by default,
which needs to be disabled. This means all the registers get saved and
restored on an exception, which I guess is necessary whilst debugging,
certainly for the trap. It is now possible to see auto variables properly.

I am still stuck on the other problem regarding symbol tables. I have posted
to the GDB mailing list hoping for some help (see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2003-08/msg00210.html) but none so far. I
presume it must be something to do with the OpenRISC port of either/both GCC
and GDB so any help appreciated. Unfortunately, I am not able to spend too
much time on this particular problem at the moment but will get back to it
when I can.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer