Re: [oc] about uploading SHA-1 into the website opencores

hai all,
I am Aria from Indonesia. I have so far been designing the hardware
implementation of SHA-1 one of crypto accelerator topics provided in
opencores web site. And I feel necessary to discuss about this with all of
you besides having to upload it to opencores web site so I can have inputs
from all of you. it is said in the algorithm of SHA-1 explained
in FUPS-180 published by NIST, USA that inputs which can be received by
SHA-1 ranges from 0 to 2^64 bits long. It is, off course, easy to realize
by implementing SHA-1 in the form of software by using any kind of
software language such as the C language that has been made by NIST. This
is because the software language, as far as I know, provides the looping
utility which is limited to infinitely number. You know what I am
saying. But on the other hand, when implementing SHA-1 in the form of
hardware, off course, the role of looping in this case is replaced by the
role of register which is used to received and keep some inputs
temporarly in the hardware peripheral. And this is problem that I should
consider. And I just can't imagine how exhausted and complex it will be to
make register which can be 2^64 numbers of registers. So far, my point of
view related to the solution, I make the hardware of SHA-1 receive every
sequence of 24 bits of the current input to SHA-1. this can be done by
using a 24-bit register which also has a Load input. When The Load input
= 1, SHA-1 receives the first sequence of 24 bits of the current input,
and process it when Load = 0. After the process finishes, the SHA-1 do the
same thing to the second sequence of 24 bit. This cycle will be done over
again till the last sequence of 24 bit of the current bit. The number of
24 actually can be replaced by any integer number. that is it for now. I
am looking forwrd to your reply. thanks for your attention.

regards,

Aria
                 I Made Aria Bagus Pramana
Electronics Sub Department of Electrical Engineering Department of
              Bandung Institute of Technology