[oc] urgent

Hi there,
 let me introduce myself to you first.. I am Amit Shah and i did my
electronics engineering in R.A.I.T. Mumbai.. At present i am in Syracuse
University ,NY ,USA to do my masters. Here i am in computer
engineering and my major is VLSI.

in our first semester we are supposed to do a project on vlsi. the
 suggested topics are as follows:

Network Interface Circuit and Cache Coherency for
 multiprocessors
  DES Data Encryption.

Digital Filter with programmable coefficients.

Memory structures such as RAM/ROM.

BCD Arithmetic Logic Unit.

Simple CPU.

Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (USART).

Ethernet Interface (send data on serial link, retransmit on collision,
snoop at bus).

 Floating-point multiplier (multiply two numbers in some format).

Alarm clock (set time, set alarm, on/off, snooze).

Now i want some help from you regarding this project... can you tell me
which project should i go for and you can suggest something if you
have  in mind...

I just want general guidance and am ready to work hard..
I AM THINKING ABOUT DOING NETWORK INTERFACE OR DEC..
I HAVE TO GIVE THE BLOCK DIAGRAM AND SPECIFICATIONS SO IF YOU
COULD PLEASE HELP ME..

waiting for your reply soon

Thanking You,

Sincerely,