Re: gnatsweb attachments

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Austin Bingham wrote:

> One way to approach this issue, which was forwarded by someone
> earlier, is to have an official recognition of file attachments in the
> GNATS core. This would be nice, but it would require some time and
> effort on someone's part. Are there any other ideas? I think this
> would be a very handy extension to current GNATS functionality.

Obviously, one shouldn't waste time doing this for gnats v3.x; it should
be part of gnats v4.

I just wanted to propose/discuss whether such attachments should be stored
in separate files from the PR itself. Or, at least have view/edit options
that don't pass the attachments back and forth. The point is that when
browsing though PRs, you don't necessarily want huge attachments being
sent to you when all you intend to do is change the responsible or close
the PR, for example.

...RickM...