Re: [mu SETUP] changing /etc/fstab by hand

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 10:20:58 CET

On 6 Feb 00, at 10:23, Michele Andreoli <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> > Looked in /setup/cnf/store, it seems that fstab hasn't been copied
> > there. Maybe /setup/fun/local.fun isn't running?
>
> Only if it is in the "configure" state. In other word, did you
> "setup -f local"?

Hadn't yet, but have since done so. Got a prompt that asked about editing
/etc/rc.local. Said "Yes", the editor came up. /etc/rc.local was mostly
empty, just a few comments. It seemed safer to change nothing. After leaving
the editor, setup itself added a "/setup/fun/local.fun" line to /etc/rc.local,
and so now fstab resides in both /etc and /setup/cnf/sources. Success!

Still doesn't load my vfat drive on bootup though. I might add a 'mount -av'
command in some local autoexec.bat-type file, but that wouldn't be official or
standard mu, would it?