Re: fetchmail

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 23:32:06 CEST

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 08:20:40PM +0200, Arvid Nymoen nicely wrote:

> I guess your fixes to the bugs in the newer mu versions will be
> incorporated in mu 9.6?

Yes, together a large amount of rewriting in the network side.
The next release will use a centralized code to handle any kind
of network interfaces; pcmcia, ethernet, serial and parallel port.
The new network code can handle multiple-ethernet as well.
Setup should be only a frontend to new "net" script. It is, more-or-less,
a smart "ifconfig", with more parameters.

I chose the single_script_way because I wish a code able to run
in other mini systems where I'm experimenting multicasting and other
fun things.

The idea is to keep the code kernel-independent, using test like:

                case `uname -r` in
                2.0.*)
                2.2.*)
                esac