Re: Digital signature in muLinux - tests wanted

From: Gerrit Lammert (lammert@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 19:42:18 CET

Hi Michele, Giovanni,

> Talking about PGP, why not using the GNU alternative Gnupg? it
> works exactly like PGP and is able to use/import keys from PGP.
> It's just a suggestion :)

Yes, that might be a good idea. I recently watched a report (german tv)
about PGP and that (as it now belongs to symantec if i recall correct) some
experts in matter of privacy are courious about PGP. They think the
US-government might have forced symantec (or whoever) to install a backdoor,
enableing the FBI (or NSA...) to decode all PGP-encripted messages. This can
not be the case with GnuPGP (as it is open source obviously).
All this might be paranoia, but there is a groupthat is (somehow related to
the german government who supports GnuPGP because of this rumours.

But, if you only want to implement is as a kind of test, this doesn't metter
at all...

...gerrit