Re: [mu TECH] pgp (pretty good privacy) for libc5?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 21:50:29 CET

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 10:11:33PM -0000, Richard Kirkcaldy nicely wrote:
> Hi,
> So LibC files are C files that can be installed (with the c add on?). But
> other software can't, like dos .EXEs. Have I understood correctly? What
> are RPMs? Can I install them in mu?
> There seems to be some good software about for linux, if it can be installed
> in mu.

"libc" stands for "C library": it contains the basic routines requires
by C programs. The GCC add-on is not matter here. Obiously, .EXE programs
are designed to run only on M$ operating-system; but Linux is able to run
a .exe using a software emulator like DosEmu or Wine.

Finally, you can't install without pains other good software in muLinux,
either then libc5-linked.

Michele

[faq'ed]

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen