Re: The muLinux web-site

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 16:23:30 CET

> > Would there be any point if I would remake the web site of mulinux
> > project, to make it easier to navigate and understand? I can make
> > my version of the site, and then you can decide to use it, or not.
> >

> The most important point is: when your work finished,
> can I enter - with a simple text editor such vi - in the mulinux.html
> file and add/remove my stuff, or I will find lines 132 chars long
> and with some other funny un-readable ascii character?
>
> If you produce the page with some Microsoft monster, the page
> probabily will look much better, but it can't be read
> by me anymore, an human: my mind do not accept html where the tags
> exceeds the 80% of the total :-)

Well I would do the page using a simple ascii text-editor (such as
ae or pico, because I don't like vi.. And my preferance is to use as
small amount of html as possible, I don't use any jave, because I
haven't had any time to learn it, and I think that it is mostly abused
on the net creating huge sites.

So if I only use standard html (without micrsoft additions) the html
will be viewable in almost every browser (can't be 100%, because I
havenät got all of them;) and there will be no special ascii
characters.

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430