Re: [oc] project browser

> On Wednesday 24 April 2002 19:22, you wrote:
> > My suggestion is that project page should display only project categorys
> > (Comm. controllers, Microprocessors, Video controllers,...). After
> > selecting category you get a list of projects and quite detailed
> > information about each project: short description, programming language,
> > activity and like somebody already suggested me, a progress bar - image
> > that would show project status.
Yes, just a project name doesn't tell much, especially if it is not
standard.

> Sounds good, I especially like the progress bar idea.
> Who defines the value of the progress bar ???
I think it is reasonable that author modifies it.

> Is this dependant on the code only, or also on the documentation status
etc.

> > Also I think that projects which were only started and never updated
> > should be deleted after 6 months (but maintainer should be informed
> > before the action is taken).
> Hmm,  does this depend on the progress-bar value ???
> Some finished projects aren't updated for a longer time than 6 month.

I would be more strict -- project is deleted (or moved to special section
'abandoned projects' after 3 months of inactivity or marked 'done' if
approved by administration or opencores mailing list.
This would make a list of finished projects, ready for production
a separate list of projects in progress and in testing.

Marko