RE: [oc] "case" synthsis and netlist simulation

   Hi,

	the don't care etc are handle depend on the synthesis tool usualy base on either really don;t care or ignore and by this I mean that let say you write

2'b 1_don;t_care than in really don;t care it can come as either 2'b10 or 2'b11 while in ignore the synthesis will trunc it to 1'b1 and ignore the "lsb".

as for priority/parallel case etc you can give again depend on the synthesis tool attribute/pragma/constarain etc to do what you want.

however if what you want is priority why don;t you simple use if else which by defenition give you the priority you want.

for example instead of :

> casez(REQUEST)
> 3'b1??: GRANT = 3'b100;
> 3'b01?: GRANT = 3'b010;
> 3'b001: GRANT = 3'b001;

write something like

     if (req[2]) ...
else if (req[1]) ...
else if (req[0]) ...
else ...

as for what to look if your tool show you the "gates" that priority is a chain of and's however if it use LUT or ATOM than it might be harder to see.

what you can simple do is run simulation and see if it give priority or not.

have a nice day

   Illan